Other Contact: Dave Anderson, P.E.
American Rail Engineers (ARE) serves as the rail and bridge engineer for a number of shortline railroads, specializing in rail engineering, bridge engineering, bridge inspections, load ratings and reports compliant with FRA requirements.
ARE keeps out clients' best interests' forefront in the design and bidding of repairs. We work alongside construction companies to ensure quality workmanship meeting AREMA and other applicant codes.
Our team used customized inspection forms that are linked to ARE's database and rating programs to derive bridge ratings using Cooper E Series live load per AREMA. These ratings are compared with clients' equipment ( Cooper equivalents) to determine safe loadings.
- Bridge Management Program Preparation
- Bridge Inspection (detailed, annual, underwater, ultrasound & load testing)
- Bridge Load Ratings (FRA 49 CFR, 213 & 237)
- Rail and Bridge Design (repairs, upgrades & replacements)
- Damage Assessment and Repair Reccommendations
- Strengthening to 286k Loads
- Contractor Bidding Documents
- Movable-Bridge Engineering Experience
- Onsite Construction Observation